Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Intervention Notebooks

Happy Thursday!  We have had the best week!  My kiddos are really adapting to our rules and routines and they've just been awesome this week...keeping my fingers crossed!  We have spent a ton of time on procedures, expectations, & PEACEmaking!  

During my free time I've been getting things ready for small groups and intervention.  My helper (Yes, our district hires all K teachers a helper for the first 2 weeks...SO. NICE.) put together our intervention notebooks for me.  Check out the pictures and explanations below.

This year, I'm trying my best to be more organized in planning and giving instruction.  I'm keeping most of my intervention materials in these notebooks.  Games with pieces won't be stored in this notebook.  I made 6 copies because I usually have 6 students in my intervention group.

Here are some of the pages we will use during the week.  Notice the colored "splash" at the bottom of each page.  I color coded each little section so if I want my students to go to a specific page I can say, "Turn to the green section".
I will use these pages in several ways!  I explain ways to use the pages in the packet which you can find HERE.

Naming Upper and Lowercase Letters

Building Names, Naming Letters & Sounds in our Names
All three ways to build the name are stored in envelopes.


Beginning Sounds

Practicing Colors and Color Words

Math Skills

Writing Skills

All of this is in my September Intervention Pack.  I really think this will be a great way to make the best of my intervention time.  I will be updating all of my intervention packets so that the skills included in those months can be added to this notebook.  By the end of the year, I will have 6 notebooks full of skills for each month.  Next year, all I will have to do is pull them out and they are READY!  That makes me happy!  :)
Hopefully this post helps!

5 comments:

  1. You are one of my favorite people! I love everything you make and your blog is a lifesaver. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are precious! I just read your blog too...didn't know you moved to Pre-K! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this idea Julie! It will make it easy for someone else to pull kiddos for a quick intervention too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing resource! Thank you for all the time you invested in this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already bought it for my kiddos! Love it!
    Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover