Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Classroom Reveal!!



I'm back with another link up with Blog Hoppin'!  Today's post is...Where I teach?? I'm so excited to show you my classroom!!  I have not really changed up my room in FOREVER so I knew this year I just had to do something different.  As always, I'm usually "late to the party" so I went for the chalkboard theme...a year or two late!  HA!  But, I absolutely love it mixed in with all the bright colors I already have in my classroom!  And...I knew I wanted to go for  a "home-y" look too since I spend TONS of my time there!  Here goes...

One of my student's favorite spots in our classroom is this space right here...our reading loft.
I added the party banners (from Target party section) to brighten up the walls and the lamp to give it a cozy feel.

 I moved my rug and whole group teaching area to the front of our room this year so we could use our Promethean board during lessons at the rug instead of moving from place to place.  I wasn't so sure about this change, but so far...so good!  I absolutely love my new teacher chair from Hobby Lobby!
 I found the first items of my chalkboard themed classroom from Mardel online.
Then, I scoured TPT for other items.
I fell in love with these motivational posters from Gabby's Classroom which you can find HERE.
 I changed out my alphabet line and my number posters to a chalkboard theme.
I absolutely LOVE these number posters from Hope King!!  They are so bright and colorful!
You can find them HERE.
And, my alphabet line came from A Special Teacher for Special Kids.  You can find the posters HERE.

 Here's my word wall.  I used Hope King's Patterns Galore editable pack to make the words for our word wall.  
 I am loving my writing center!  I picked up several baskets this summer from TJ Maxx to give that cozy at home feel.  I adore the baskets with the chalkboard labels that hold cubes, spinners, papers, etc.  And, check out the tables stools that I found at Family Dollar.  They came in purple, orange, pink, gray, turquoise, and lime green!  The perfect colors if you ask me!  The sticker on the bottom said outdoor table, but it screamed stool to me.
 Here's some close ups of the details at the writing center.
 It was time to replace the BIG OL' gray school clock with this new one...love!
 I got rid of my calendar on the wall...changed some things up and freed up this bulletin board where anchor charts and such will hang this year.
 I've used "cut buckets" all 10 years of my teaching.  I learned this trick from a teacher that I substituted for before I began teaching.  Each table has a small bucket or bin to catch all the trash as they are cutting, gluing and making.  BUT, Rachelle at What the Teacher Wants made these cutie patootie labels that say "Tidy Tub" so I snatched them up and printed them for my buckets.
You can find them IN THIS POST.
 See that banner above the student work display?  Found it at Target in the party section and I had to have it!  I love the bright colors...and the chalkboard circles!
 Close-Up!
 A few more spaces...
 Still Building those Rainbows for great behavior and for being Peacemakers.
Found the original idea HERE.
 The banner came from Mardel online.

I hope you enjoyed touring my classroom!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful classroom! I love the loft area! Looks like you'll have an awesome year!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your classroom! The chalkboard accents are amazing touch, and I am so shocked that you are able to have a reading loft. I bet your students love it! Have a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and colorful room! Love the labeling you did on your pictures for a great tour! It is great to blog hop and look at what everyone is doing to get ready for the new school year.

    Renee from The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks GREAT! The colors are happy & the chalkboard accents really add a nice touch! I think my favorite area is your writing center!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of your reading loft! So awesome! I love the chalkboard theme - it makes all the bright colors stand out. Nice to meet you on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your classroom set up! Now I want to change things in my room!

    Thanks for the alphabet shout out. I need to snag up those numbers.

    Have a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover